Los Angeles: The City of Los Angeles, Departments of Transportation and Police, anticipate thousands of people to attend the Hollywood Holiday festivities which will include an all-day street festival and a parade on Sunday, November 30, 2008.
The City of Los Angeles, Department of Transportation will be strictly enforcing the restricted no-parking policy for the Hollywood Santa Parade. This will include the citing and impounding of vehicles parked on temporary restricted no-parking streets. Vehicles parked on the following streets will be towed to the Official Police Garage, Hollywood Tow located at 1015 N. Mansfield Ave. in Hollywood at the request of the City of Los Angeles, Department of Transportation. Motorists are advised to call 311or Hollywood Tow (323) 466-8583 to redeem their vehicles.
- Hollywood Blvd between Highland Ave & Orange Dr
- Orange Dr between Hollywood Blvd & Hawthorn Ave
- Hollywood Blvd between La Brea Ave & Orange Dr
- Hawthorn Ave between La Brea Ave & Mc Cadden Pl
- Lanewood Ave between La Brea Ave & Orange Dr
- Sunset Blvd between Highland Ave & La Brea Ave
- De Longpre Ave between Highland Ave & La Brea Ave
- Fountain Ave between Highland Ave & La Brea Ave
- El Cerrito Pl between Franklin Ave & Hollywood Blvd
- Sycamore Ave between Franklin Ave & Hawthorn Ave
- Sycamore Ave between Sunset Blvd & Fountain Ave
- Orange Dr between Franklin Ave & Hollywood Blvd
- Orange Dr between Hawthorn Ave & Santa Monica Blvd
- Mansfield Ave between De Longpre Ave & Fountain Ave
- McCadden Pl between Yucca St & Hawthorn Ave
- Las Palmas Ave between Hollywood Blvd & Selma Ave
- Hollywood Blvd between Cherokee Ave & Vine St
- Vine St between Hollywood Blvd & Sunset Blvd
- Sunset Blvd between Vine St & Highland Ave
- Franklin Ave between La Brea Ave & Highland Ave
- Santa Monica Blvd between La Brea Ave & Gower St
- Highland Ave between Franklin Ave & Sunset Blvd
- La Brea Ave between Franklin Ave & Fountain Ave (East side of street only)
- Cahuenga Blvd between Yucca St & Hollywood Blvd (West side of street only)
- Hollywood Blvd between Highland Ave & Cherokee Ave
- Yucca St between Gower St & Argyle St (North side of street only)
- La Brea Ave between Sunset Blvd & De Longpre Ave (West side of street only)
- Vine St between Fountain Ave & Lexington Ave (West side of street only)
- Alta Vista Blvd between Fountain Ave & 100’ northerly
- Sunset Blvd between Vermont Ave & New Hampshire Ave (North side of street only)
Northbound and Southbound off-ramps of Cahuenga Blvd. and Highland Ave. will all be closed at 3:00 p.m., reopening at 10:00 p.m.
On Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2008, posting will begin on those streets that are designated “NO PARKING”
for Saturday, Nov. 29, Sunday, Nov 30 and Monday, Dec. 1, 2008.
For further information about the Observatory Shuttle, DASH Hollywood or other LADOT transit Services affected, call (213, 310, 323, 818) 808-2273 or visit www.ladottransit.com. Area commuters can visit http://trafficinfo.lacity.org/ for real-time traffic information. Real-time traffic reports are a product of LADOT, innovators of Automated Traffic Surveillance and Control System (ATSAC) technology.
Festival attendees and Parade-watchers are urged to use public transit. For more information call Metro at (800) 266-6883 or visit their web site at: www.metro.net.