Los Angeles: The Los Angeles Police Department’s Olympic Area detectives are seeking the public’s help on identifying two armed robbery suspects whose images were caught on surveillance video.
On August 20, 2017, around 9:45 p.m., an armed robbery occurred in front of a taco truck in the area of Washington Boulevard and Cimarron Street. The suspects approached the victim who was standing in front of the taco truck. Suspect one produced a handgun and demanded property from the victim. The victim who was in fear for his life handed over his property to the suspect. Both suspects then fled with victim’s property.
Suspect one is described as a male Hispanic, 25-26 years of age, 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs around 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a red baseball hat, grey jacket, blue jeans, and red shoes.
Suspect two is described as a male Hispanic, 25-26 years of age, 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighs around 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black baseball hat, black shirt, and black pants.
Below are preventative insights one should consider while walking on the streets.
- Be aware of your surroundings, especially in isolated areas. Familiarize yourself with street names or landmarks in case an emergency occurs. Be cognizant of strangers standing around or behind you.
- Avoid travelling alone on the street. Suspects generally target lone victims.
- Avoid possessing large amount of money.
- Limit the use of electronics that would distract your attention from potential dangers. If using a cellular phone, look up occasionally to reacquaint your surroundings.
- Exercise discretion wearing high-valued jewelry or using expensive cellular phones. Consider using hands-free earphones allowing you to keep your cellular phone concealed while in use.
- If a crime occurs to you or others, be a good witness. Observe as much detail as possible of the suspect without intervening. Your life is more valuable than property.
- Report the crime as soon as possible by calling 911. Delayed reporting can significantly reduce the possibility of apprehending the suspect.
Anyone with information or can identify the suspect is urged to contact Olympic Area Robbery Detective Tokoro at (213) 382-9466. During non-business hours or on the weekends, calls should be directed to 1-877-LAPD-24-7 (877-527-3247). Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477). Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cell phone. All text messages should begin with the letters “LAPD.” Tipsters may also go to www.lapdonline.org, and click on “Anonymous Web Tips” and follow the prompts. Tipsters may remain anonymous.