Fatal Hit and Run Traffic Collision
Fraudulent Recorded Document Suspect Arrested

Shooting Leaves One Dead in Harbor City

Harbor City: The Los Angeles Police Department's Harbor Area Homicide Detectives are seeking the public's assistance in identifying the suspect(s) responsible for the shooting death of 32-year-old John Albert Franco.

On Thursday, June 20, 2019, around 11:40 a.m., Harbor Area patrol officers responded to a radio call of an "Assault with a Deadly Weapon" shooting at Pacific Coast Highway and Vermont Avenue in Harbor City. Upon their arrival, the officers located the victim, John Albert Franco, lying near the bus bench on the sidewalk at the northwest corner of PCH and Vermont Avenue.

Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics responded to render aid; however, Franco succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased shortly after.

Witnesses provided several different descriptions of the suspect vehicle. Investigators are trying to determine an accurate description. Detectives do not have any leads as to the suspect's identity and are asking for the public's help.

Anyone with additional information is urged to call Detectives Cortez and Officer Tiffin, Harbor Area Detectives, at (310)726-7889 or (310)726-7884. During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to 1-877-LAPD-24-7 (1-877-527-3247). Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call the L.A. Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477) or go directly to www.lacrimestoppers.org. Tipsters may also visit www.lapdonline.org, and click on "Anonymous Web Tips" under the "Get Involved-Crime Stoppers" menu to submit an online tip. Lastly, tipsters may also download the "P3 Tips" mobile application and select the L.A. Regional Crime Stoppers as their local program.


Most gang members do their dirt at night or in the wee hours of the morning because they have warrants out for their arrest, a few strikes, they're scared of the cops, and the fact that they are just cowards.

The victim in this case, John Albert Franco, was killed on a busy block at a bus stop in the morning. That's not most gangs' MO, killing or shooting people in the morning.

Either Franco's killer had a dispute with him and wanted to kill him no matter the time of day, or this was a random shooting.

The comments to this entry are closed.